Facebook Watch Party is one of the newest features that combines Facebook Live and Groups. It is available to Facebook Groups allowing members to watch videos as well as comment and react at the same time. Unlike a Live video, a Watch Party is specifically used to post onto your Group page for only members to view. As seen with Facebook Live, the new feature will help build the community in your Group by increasing user engagement by everyone participating.
The “Watch Party” feature was inspired by Facebook Live videos to bring everyone closer together. It is an intimate feature to create a shared videoing experience to help bring the community together. The introduction of Watch Party’s was determined by Facebook due to the amount of positive social interaction users experienced while viewing Facebook Live videos in comparison to prerecorded videos shared. The satisfying thing about this new feature is the comments will not get lost in the same way as they do with public videos. Users will be able to view videos at the same time and interact with other members. Similarly to Facebook Live, emoji reactions can be used to participate without typing which can make it effortlessly easy for anyone to get involved.
So how does it work?!
- A admin or moderator from the Facebook and Group page are the only users who can post a public video to the Group page. (It could be recorded or live)
- Once a video has been shared to the Group page, each member will receive a Facebook widget to be informed of a “Watch Party” being taken place on the Group page.
- If a member decides to watch the posted video, they can select on the widget and proceed to watch the video and interact in the comments section.
- The layout of the screen will vary depending if you are viewing the video from a desktop or mobile phone.
- On a desktop the comment section will appear to the right-hand side.
- Whereas the comment section on a mobile phone appears from the bottom of the screen. (Similar to Facebook and Instagram Live)
How can it help your business?
A Watch Party could be used to demonstrate how to use a product or to explain the differences between one product to another. A video relevant to your business could be shared to the Group to get a specific point across, or it could even be anything as simple as a tutorial video depending on your business. By using the Watch Party feature you will be providing engagement as well as creating conversation for members to ask questions, or provide feedback about the video.
If your business or organisation would like further information please feel free to give Social Media AOK a call, we’d love to help!
Latest posts by Simone Douglas (see all)
- Seriously Social the Book - 15/02/2020
- A network is a powerful tool if you know how to use it - 17/10/2019
- What 7,433,417 posts can tell you about Instagram - 01/10/2019
- Why you can’t automate human connection - 27/09/2019
- Like counts may well be set for retirement but is it going to help marketers create better content or improve one’s mental health? - 27/09/2019